Pratley original Putty - Standard Setting (125G) was the first of it’s kind in the world, and the only South African product to go to the moon! It is a hand mouldable adhesive which sets very hard, is ideal for underwater use, Non flammable, and accepts paint.
It adheres to metal, cement, concrete, stone, glass, slate, wood and most rigid materials. The suggested use for Pratley original Putty - Standard Setting (125G) is to repair underwater leaks, repair cracked concrete pods, seal metal water tanks and gutters, repair broken vehicle engine sumps and radiators.
- Was the first of it’s kind in the world
- The only South African product to go to the moon!
- Hand mouldable adhesive which sets very hard
- Ideal for underwater use
- Non flammable
- Accepts paint
- Adheres to: metal, cement, concrete, stone, glass, slate, wood and most rigid materials
- Suggested use: repair underwater leaks, repair cracked concrete pods, seal metal water tanks and gutters, repair broken vehicle engine sumps and radiators
- Sets under water.
- Can be smoothed and shaped with a wet finger or spatula.
- Excellent adhesive strength.
- Bonds well to most rigid materials.
- Can be filed, sawn, drilled and machined.
- Sets slowly - ideal for larger jobs.
- Hard and abrasion resistant
- Good shelf life.
Time to set
(Temperature & quantity dependant)
Will gel in about 50 minutes (room temperature).
Will set hard in 4 hours.
Full strength in 24 hours.
Surfaces to be bonded should be free from loose dirt,
rust, paint, oil and grease. Wire brushing or sanding
will substantially enhance adhesion to smooth
1. With the wrappings intact, cut equal pieces from
each stick. Use a very sharp knife
2. Remove wrappings and roll the pieces together
into a sausage
3. Roll sausage into a ball.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until an even colour is
achieved with no streaks
5. Wash stickiness from hands.
6. Forcefully wipe and knead the mixed Pratley. Putty firmly onto the application surfaces,there by thoroughly wetting them with resin. This ensures a good bond.
7. Apply the putty working it firmly (kneading) into place. Build up with further layers a necessary.
8. Remove all excess putty and wipe off surrounding surfaces with a damp cloth.
9. Pratley Putty may be made to set smooth by stroking gently with wet fingers
For underwater use, mix first then quickly take mixed product under water in a plastic bag.
Some suggested uses
1. Repair cracked concrete swimming pools (substrate must be coherent).
2. Seal metal water tanks and gutters.
3. Mend chipped and broken washbasins.
4. Seal around sink and basin outlets.
5. Seal metal petrol tanks and fuel lines.
6. Emergency repairs to metal work.
7. Fix cement garden furniture.
8. Mend broken electrical insulators.
Not recommended for
Bonding of rearview mirrors to windscreens.
Exhaust pipes (Due to high temperature.)
Polypropylene & Polyethylene Plastics.
Continuous use >110°C.
Should the sticks be hard due to prolonged storage in a cold place, gentle warming should restore them to their original consistency.